Pages

Friday 8 March 2019

Athletics day

Yesterday, Thursday the 7th of march at school it was athletics day/ house competition, In the morning when I got to school I went and waited outside the gym till it was time to head of to our first events. The events I was in were Long jump, High jump, 100 metre sprints and discus my first event of the day was discus I wasn't expecting to much because I knew I wasn't the best at discus but I still gave it a go straight after that was long jump witch is  favourite! and plus i'm really good at long jump well at least I thought, I was the first person to jump so as I was running up  I jumped as far as I could it was a good jump but as I landed I slipped and fell backwards so pretty much that jump was useless but lucky we got to have 3 jumps each. Then finally It was my turn for my second jump, I was getting ready to go for my second jump as I was running up I jumped It was a good jump I ended up being in the lead from the jump I ended up jumping 3.80 metres. And then it was my last jump, I ran up and I jumped on this jump I jumped my second jump and got 3.90 metres and I won long jump from that jump. After that it was time for my 100 metre sprints I was versing some other fast competitors so I was nervous but then as soon as the gun shot we where of as we were nearly at the end I sprinted as hard as I could and I ended up wining. For my next event I  had to wait two hours for my next event high jump. Finally it was time for high jump I was nervous because there was lost of people who could jump way higher than me jump after jump the bar keeps on getting higher and higher before I knew it, There was only two people left Rusi and me we were jumping 1 metre 35 Rusi jumped it and if I didnt make this one jump he would win so as I ran up I was nervous but I made it so they put the bar even higher to 1 metre 38 jump after jump then It was my turn togher I nearly mad It but the bottom bit of my shoe just nipped it but then we had to stop so we drawed both as 1st. Overall It was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Tai!

    Thank you very much for sharing your writing with us in class on Friday! I enjoyed reading about your experience on Athletics Day. A suggestion for next time would be to read through and do a proof read before posting, I know we ran into some confusion on the last few lines when it was read outloud.

    Keep up this great blogging!
    - Miss Birtch

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.